Walmart recently opened their second Northern California employee training center in Dinuba to provide hourly supervisors and department managers with two weeks of hands-on training. Each academy will train associates from about 25 nearby stores.
Also during the grand opening, the Walmart Foundation presented checks to six local organizations:
- $73,332 to the Community Food Bank (Fresno)
- $2,500 to the Dinuba Police Department
- $1,500 to Dinuba United School District
- $1,500 to Dinuba High School
- $1,500 to Dinuba Public Works Department
- $750 to the Reedley Police Department for its Explorer Program
Team Vidak District Representative Brittney Watson attended the grand opening ceremony to thank and recognize Store Manager Hector Benevidez and Academy Manager Karen Foster with a Senate Certificate of Recognition.